The Dual Monster Moto Shield VNH3ASP30 DC Motor Driver 2x14A (Peak 30A) is essentially a ramped-up version of our Ardumoto motor driver shield. This Monster Moto Shield, It is replaced the L298 H-bridge with a pair of VNH3ASP30 full-bridge motor drivers.
It is also beefed up the support circuitry so this board is capable of driving a pair of high-current motors! The VIN and motor out are pitched for our 5mm screw terminals (not included), making it easy to connect larger gauge wires.
The L298 H-bridge is no longer available in the Motor Driver Shield Monster Moto since it has been replaced for a pair of VNH2SP30 full-bridge motor drivers. The Motor Driver Shield Monster Moto has been enhanced to drive a pair of high-current motors while the VIN and motor have been adjusted for connecting larger wires more easily.
VNH3ASP30 is a full-bridge motor driver intended for a wide range of automotive applications. The device incorporates a dual monolithic high side driver and two low side switches.
The high side driver switch is designed using the STMicroelectronics well-known and proven proprietary VIPower M0 technology which permits efficient integration on the same die of a true Power MOSFET with an intelligent signal/protection circuitry. The VIN and motor out are pitched for 5mm screw terminals, making it easy to connect larger gauge wires. INA and INB control the direction of each motor, and the PWM pins turn the motors on or off.
For the VNH3ASP30, the current sense (CS) pins will output approximately 0.13 volts per amp of output current.
- When using this board in extreme high-demand applications it may be necessary to improve thermal performance with a heat-sink or fan and to solder the wires directly to the board instead of using a screw terminal (in addition to the myriad other complications present in a high-current system) However, when using the board at currents up to 6A the chips will barely become noticeably warm.
- VNH3ASP30 is the updated version of VNH2SP30.
- Current sensing available to Arduino analog pin
- MOSFET on-resistance: 19 m (per leg)
- Maximum PWM frequency: 20 kHz
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage and Overvoltage shutdown.
|Peak Current (A)||14|
|Continuous Current (A)||30|
|No. of Channels||2|
|Battery Protection Mode||Yes|
|Over-Current Protection (A)||Yes|
|Maximum PWM frequency||20 kHz|
|Dimensions in mm (LxWxH)||60 x 54 x 12|
Package Includes :
1 x VNH3ASP30 Dual Monster DC Motor Driver Shield
There are no reviews yet.