Oh, looking for color sensor for your project? This might be the best color sensor on the market, the TCS34725 Color Sensor Module which has RGB and Clear light sensing elements. An IR blocking filter, integrated on-chip and localized to the color sensing photodiodes, minimizes the IR spectral component of the incoming light and allows color measurements to be made accurately. The filter means you’ll get much truer color than most sensors, since humans don’t see IR. The TCS34725 sensor also has an incredible 3,800,000:1 dynamic range with adjustable integration time and gain so it is suited for use behind darkened glass.
Therefore, High sensitivity, wide dynamic range and an infrared light blocking filter makes TCS34725 become ideal lighting conditions change and through color sensitive element attenuating materials under conditions of a solution.
- Onboard TCS34725FN, embedded ADC, high sensitivity, wide dynamic range
- I2C communication uses a few pins
- Integrates IR blocking filter, minimizes the IR spectral component of the incoming light
- Outputs RGB data without white balance
- Outputs light intensity, feel the light like human eyes
- Supports light intensity interrupt output, programmable upper and lower thresholds
- Supports fill-light by onboard LED, adjustable brightness by PWM
- Onboard voltage level translator, compatible with 3.3V/5V operating voltage
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
- Color Sensor: TCS34725FN
- Communication interface: I2C
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Dimension: 27mm × 20mm
- Resolution: 4-ch RGBC, 16-bit per ch
- Recommended measuring distance: 2mm
Color Sensor Module Connections
The module brings out the following connections.
1 x 7 Header
- LED = LED control input. Leave floating for LED always on. Pull LOW to turn LED off
- INT = Interrupt output active LOW. The output is open-collector so requires a pull-up resistor. Connects to an interrupt input on the MCU if used.
- SDA = I2C SDA line. Connects to SDA on MCU
- SCL = I2C SCL line. Connects to SCL on MCU
- 3V3 = 3.3V output from the on-board 3.3V regulator
- GND = Ground connects to ground on the MCU
- VIN = Power input. Connects to 3.3V or 5V on the MCU
Attachments and Links:
1 x TCS34725 Color Sensor Module