This is DS1307 Real Time Clock RTC I2C Module for Arduino. It contains a DS1307 real-time clock IC with a backup battery. It’s one of the easiest to use RTCs out there, with Arduino and other libraries or simply use I2C commands to set and retrieve the time and date. Includes a lithium coin cell battery which should be good for four years at least.
Along with the DS1307 real-time clock, the module also has an Atmel 24C32 EEPROM chip which is handy for storing data without worrying about power loss. There is also space on the board to solder your own DS18B20 temperature sensor.
This battery-powered clock allows you to keep a reasonably accurate time even when your Arduino is powered off. It is very useful in data logging and other time-sensitive applications. The device uses I2C to communicate with your Arduino.
Real-time clocks (RTC), as the name recommends are clock modules. The DS1307 real-time clock (RTC) IC is an 8 pin device using an I2C interface. The DS1307 is a low-power clock/calendar with 56 bytes of battery backup SRAM. The clock/calendar provides seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year qualified data. The end date of each month is automatically adjusted, especially for months with less than 31 days.
The datasheet of DS1307 RTC Module is given below.
- Two-wire I2C interface
- Hour: Minutes: Seconds AM/PM
- Leap year compensation
- Accurate calendar up to the year 2100
- Consumes Less than 500nA in Battery-Backup
- Battery included
- 1Hz output pin
- 56 Bytes of Non-volatile memory available to the user
- 4KB of serial electrically erasable and programmable read-only memory (EEPROM)
- Embed DS18B20 temperature sensor interface with the pull-up resistor.
- This is the DS1307 Real Time Clock developed by one of our designers.
- Day Month, Date – Year.
- DS1307 based RTC with LIR2032 battery (Battery include).
- Available in 8-pin DIP or SOIC
- Underwriters Laboratory (UL) recognized
- Real-time clock (RTC) counts seconds, minutes, hours, date of the month, month, day of the week, and year with leap-year compensation valid up to 2100
- 56-byte non-volatile RAM for data storage
- The DS1307 is access via the I2C protocol.
- The module comes fully assembled and pre-programmed with the current time.
Package Includes :
1 x DS1307 Real Time Clock RTC I2C Module