TCS3200 Color Sensor Module uses a high-quality light sensor allowing you to sense any color through a combination of Red, Green, and Blue. The color sensor module provides all of the pins of the TCS3200 on convenient 0.1″ headers – ideal for use with PCBs, breadboard or stripboard.
Four white LEDs provide plenty of light for the color sensor and allow you to use the module in any ambient light.
The module requires only a single supply voltage between 2.7V and 5.5V – making it compatible with nearly all common microcontrollers, including PICs, AVRs, ARM, Arduino and more!
The pinout is clearly labeled on the board and is as follows:
Header one on the left side of the board:
- S0: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S1)
- S1: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S0)
- OE: Output Enable – if held low, the output of the module is turned on
- GND: Ground – connect to 0V
Header two on the right side of the board:
- S3: Photodiode type (along with S2)
- S2: Photodiode type (along with S3)
- OUT: Output – A square wave appears here showing the intensity of the detected colour
- VCC: Power – connect to 2.7V-5.5V
The Photodiode type pins allow you to pick which color light you are currently detecting:
|Low||Low||Only red light|
|Low||High||Only blue light|
By combining the reading of each of the three colours, you can identify any visible colour!
For more information on the TCS3200 module, please see the datasheet: TCS3200 Datasheet.
1 x TCS3200 Color Sensor Module