This 5MP Raspberry Pi Camera Module Rev 1.3 is capable of 1080p video and photo images and connects directly to your Raspberry Pi. Connect the mentioned ribbon cable to the CSI (Camera Serial Interface) port on your Raspberry Pi, boot up the updated version of Raspbian then you are good to go!
The board itself is very tiny, at around 25mm x 20mm x 9mm and weighing in at just over 3grams, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are so important. The sensor of the product has a native resolution of 5 megapixels and has a fixed focused camera lens onboard. In the term of still images, the camera is competent of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also helps 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
Raspberry Pi Camera Module Ports connection:
- Soft cable, 90-degree vertical shape connector, HDMI port next to it. When linking the contact side is facing the HDMI interface.
- Tear protective film with the camera lens.
- Bare boards, pay attention to ESD damages, beware of static electricity.
- RPi firmware and raspi-config has been upgraded to the camera, do an apt-get update; apt-get upgrade;
- Raspi-config, choose the camera, start RPi firmware camera driver, then restart
- Using the command-line program raspivid and raspistill using a camera to capture video clips or still image
- To capture video clip needs to play with m-player
- How will the data by the network camera live broadcast:
- By nc command (ncat – Concatenates and redirects the sockets) of the input image of the camera, directly to the output ports of the network redirection.
- This module is only competent of capturinging pictures and video, without sound.
- If you want to connect this High-Resolution Camera Module with Raspberry Pi Zero Module, purchase this Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3 Camera Cable and enjoy the camera.