The STM32f4 STM32f407 Discovery Kit for STM32F407 kit powers the capabilities of the STM32f4 STM32f407 Discovery Kit high-performance microcontrollers, to allow users to easily develop applications featuring audio. It includes an ST-LINK embedded debug tool, one ST-MEMS digital accelerometer, a digital microphone, one audio DAC with the integrated class D speaker driver, LEDs, push-buttons and a USB OTG micro-AB connector.
- STM32F407VGT6 microcontroller featuring 32-bit ARM® Cortex® -M4 with FPU core, 1-Mbyte Flash memory, 192-Kbyte RAM in an LQFP100 package
- On-board ST-LINK/V2 on STM32F4DISCOVERY (old reference) or ST-LINK/V2-A on STM32F407G-DISC1 (new order code)
- USB ST-LINK with re-enumeration capability and three different interfaces:
- Debug port
- Virtual Com port (with new order code only)
- Mass storage (with new order code only)
- Board power supply: through USB bus or from an external 5 V supply voltage
- External application power supply: 3 V and 5 V
- LIS302DL or LIS3DSH ST MEMS 3-axis accelerometer
- MP45DT02 ST-MEMS audio sensor omnidirectional digital microphone
- CS43L22 audio DAC with integrated class D speaker driver
- LD1 (red/green) for USB communication
- LD2 (red) for 3.3 V power on
- Four user LEDs, LD3 (orange), LD4 (green), LD5 (red) and LD6 (blue)
- 2 USB OTG LEDs LD7 (green) VBUS and LD8 (red) over-current
- Two push-buttons (user and reset)
- USB OTG FS with micro-AB connector
- Extension header for all LQFP100 I/Os for quick connection to prototyping board and easy probing
- Comprehensive free software including a variety of examples, part of STM32CubeF4 package or STSW-STM32068 to use legacy standard libraries.
Soldered on the board is an STM32F407VG microcontroller packaged in a 100-pin LQFP (Low-profile Quad Flat Pack). This microcontroller contains an ARM Cortex-M4 core with FPU (Floating Point Unit).
Some of the features of the STM32F407VG microcontroller are:
- 1M Byte Flash memory
- 192k Bytes RAM
- On-chip RC oscillator
- Powered by a single supply of 1.8V to 3.6V
- Up to 168MHz operation
- I/O pins multiplexed with many internal peripherals
- USB OTG HS/FS
- Static memory controller supporting Compact Flash, SRAM, PSRAM, NOR and NAND memories
- LCD parallel interface
- This microcontroller is part of the STM32F4 Hi-performance and DSP series of Cortex-M4s from ST.
The ST-LINK is an ST Microelectronics USB JTAG tool for programming and debugging STM8 and STM32 microcontrollers. It is an external tool that is used to program and debug STM microcontrollers using JTAG or SWD (Serial Wire Debug).
An fixed ST-LINK is included on the STM32F4-Discovery evaluation board that can be used to program the onboard STM32F407VG microcontroller. The embedded ST-LINK can also be used to single-step through the source code and debug the target microcontroller.
Peripherals and Headers:
I/O Interface Devices
The board features four user programmable LEDs and a user programmable push-button switch. A second push-button is connecte to the reset pin (NRST) of the microcontroller.
The STM32F407VG is also interface to an Audio DAC and MEMS microphone. A stereo audio jack is on board for connecting headphones or speakers to the audio output of the DAC.
The board has one USB OTG full speed port available on a USB micro-B connector.
A three-axis linear accelerometer is interface to the board.
All of the I/O pins of the STM32F407VG are available on pin headers. Two 25 by 2 (50 pin) headers are located on either side of the board along its length, one per side. The pin names are silk-screene next to the pin headers. The pin headers protrude from the top of the board allowing easy attachment of oscilloscope or logic analyzer test probes.
Although the STM32F407VG has two internal RC oscillators, an 8MHz crystal is use for the main oscillator. There is place on the board for a 32.768kHz crystal which is not fit.
The board has a number of solder-bridge connectors that can be soldere close or de-soldere to open them in order to make or break connections.
A jumper link on the board can be remove allowing an ammeter to be connecte if current consumption of the microcontroller needs to be measure.
The STM32F4-Discovery evaluation board is an excellent board for learning and evaluating the STM32F4 range of Cortex-M4 microcontrollers from STMicroelectronics. With many onboard peripherals already interfaced to the microcontroller, it provides an opportunity to write some interesting code without the need to add extra external hardware. If the external hardware does need to be interfaced, it can be connected to the two 50 pin headers on the board.
1 x STM32F407 Discovery Kit for STM32F407
There are no reviews yet.