This is the latest version of Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless).Yes, it is finally here. Raspberry Pi Zero W (Wireless) is available on robu.in. This is a super cheap single-board computer. It is cheaper than any Arduino controller board with the 32-bit processor.It comes with WiFi and Bluetooth ready.
Though is not a working computer yet, at least you have the motherboard. The new Raspberry Pi Zero W offers all the benefits of the Pi Zero v1.3.But with one big difference – built-in Wireless (WiFi and Bluetooth). More specifically, this giant upgrade is the addition of a BCM43143 WiFi chip BUILT-IN to your Raspberry Pi Zero.
Just like the Pi 3! No more pesky WiFi adapters – this Pi is WiFi ready. There’s also Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on board making the Pi an excellent IoT solution.
Raspberry Pi Zero W is a super-compact, hackable, and ultra-low-cost computer, This is the version with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, and there is no so call clone version of this super low-cost computer, this is the original Raspberry Pi Zero W from Raspberrypi.org.
With BCM 2835 (32-bit ARM-based processor) SoC running at 1GHz, the raspberry pi zero is faster than Raspberry Pi 1. With mini-HDMI, micro-B OTG USB, and the same 40-pin GPIO it still has great connectivity although you’ll probably need some accessories to help you hook it up to your existing devices.
The best part about all this is that the Pi Zero W keeps the same shape, connectors, and mounting holes as the Pi Zero v1.3. 99% of cases and accessories will still be fully compatible with both the Pi Zero W and v1.3 – though if you have a case with a metal top there might be some WiFi chip difficulties.
Yes, it is really attractive, but do bear in mind that you need additional accessories to get it running. At least USB adapter and microSD card is a must.
- Built-in Wireless: WiFi + Bluetooth 4.1 + BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy), same as Raspberry Pi 3.
- Display and Audio: mini-HDMI
- USB Port: micro-B USB for data
- Power input: micro-B USB for power
- Camera interface: CSI camera connector (needs adaptor cable, 0.5mm pitch to pitch CSI)
- GPIO: Unpopulated 40-pin GPIO connector, compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero v1.3 and Raspberry Pi 3.
- Compatibility of GPIO: Compatible with existing HAT addons
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30mm x 5mm