The 78L05 SMD Voltage Regulator SOT89 series of three terminal positive regulators is available with several fixed output voltages making them useful in a wide range of applications. When used as a zener diode/resistor combination replacement, the LM78LXX usually results in an effective output impedance improvement of two orders of magnitude, and lower quiescent current. These regulators can provide local on card regulation, eliminating the distribution problems associated with single point regulation.
The voltages available allow the LM78LXX to be used in logic systems, instrumentation, HiFi, and other solid state electronic equipment. The LM78LXX is available in the plastic TO-92 (Z) package, the plastic SO-8 (M) package and a chip sized package (8-Bump micro SMD) using National’s micro SMD package technology. With adequate heat sinking the regulator can deliver 100mA output current. Current limiting is included to limit the peak output current to a safe value. Safe area protection for the output transistors is provided to limit internal power dissipation. If internal power dissipation becomes too high for the heat sinking provided, the thermal shutdown circuit takes over preventing the IC from overheating.
- LM78L05 in micro SMD package
- Output voltage tolerances of ±5% over the temperature range
- The Output current of 100mA n Internal thermal overload protection
- Output transistor safe area protection
- Internal short circuit current limit
- Available in plastic TO-92 and plastic SO-8 low profile packages
- No external components
- Output voltages 5.0V,
- See AN-1112 for micro SMD considerations
|Input voltage min.||7.0V|
|Input voltage max.||20V|
1 × 78L05 SMD Voltage Regulator SOT89